At the Südkabel Training Center we offer customized training. Our goal is to train your employees in the safe use of our products.
Focus on training
As a pioneer in the field of power transmission, we therefore offer customized training at the Südkabel Training Center. It is our goal to train your employees in the safe handling of our products. Our training offer is also aimed at engineers, technicians, project managers and other persons involved in power transmission and distribution who want to deepen their knowledge.
Our events take place in our training rooms in Mannheim. While the high-voltage training courses run on request throughout the year, we usually offer medium-voltage courses from medium voltage courses from January to February anually.
We offer the installation trainings for beginners as well as for experts for medium voltage accessories.
If you’re interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer the following seminars for high/high voltage cable systems:
- Cable system technology – from tendering to successful commissioning
- 27.04. – 28.04.2023 (Attendance seminar)
- 28.09.-29.09.2023 (Attendance seminar)
- Information for download: Flyer Seminar Cable System Technology
Hotel costs are not included in the price. We will be happy to send you a hotel list.
The training/seminar costs are net plus VAT, payable within 14 days without deduction after receipt of invoice.
Cancellations must be received by Südkabel at least 7 days prior to the start of the course. Otherwise, the full participation fee must be paid.
We reserve the right to make changes to the events or to cancel a training/seminar (e.g. due to a low number of participants). In this case, we will refund the fees already paid.
Not what you are looking for? Contact us!
We are also happy to offer customer-specific training on site at your company.
Please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about:
- Design of high and extra high voltage cables and accessories and their materials
- Be aware of the standards guides and international best practices
- Calculations and fixations of cable systems
- Accessories & Add-ons
- Screen earthing concepts and laying variants
- On-site testing of cable systems
- Gain confidence to properly apply concepts to your network
- History of cable systems
- Rating XLPE cable: cable vs. overhead line, XLPE vs oil-filled cable
- General characteristics: cable design, system variables, voltage levels, field strength, insulation thickness
- Limits: temperatures, current rating, manufacturing length
- Cable manufacturing
- Accessories: types, tasks, materials, interfaces, design parameters
- Installation / laying technique: installation, laying, pulling forces, bending radius
- On.-site testing
- HVDC XLPE technology vs. HVAC
- Application examples of two extensive 420 kV and 550 kV projects
- Overview of the latest Südkabel technical publications
Your previous knowledge:
Basic knowledge of electrical engineering